Vancouver Island’s vast number of lakes, rivers and ocean inlets are amazing to explore by canoe or kayak. Kayakers glide through BC marine parks into scenic bays and lagoons and go ashore on secluded sandy beaches and uninhabited islands. The large, relatively isolated lakes of the north and central portion of Vancouver Island are enclaves of solitude. Popular sea kayaking destinations are the Broken Group Islands in Barkley Sound (southwest coast), Broughton Archipelago off Port McNeill on the North Island, the Southern Gulf Islands off the southeast tip of the island, the Discovery Islands off Campbell River, and Desolation Sound, which is acessed from Quadra and Cortes Island, or from the BC Sunshine Coast. The kayaking season in British Columbia is from mid-May to September.
Canoeing & Kayaking Services
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: West Coast Vancouver Island (Ucluelet, Tofino & Barkley Sound)
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands & Discovery Islands
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: Desolation Sound and BC Sunshine Coast
Canoeing & Kayaking Information
- Canoeing around Vancouver Island, the BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Sea Kayaking around Vancouver Island, the BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Sea Kayaking in Desolation Sound on the BC Sunshine Coast
- Whitewater Kayaking around Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Cape Lazo RV & CampgroundCape Lazo RV & Campground
Cape Lazo RV & Campground is a 6.5 acre property with 62 full-service RV Sites and 3 tent sites. High speed WiFi and cable TV, at no additional charge. Located in the Town of Comox, metres from the beach and minutes from downtown Comox. We offer a family-friendly campground facility, playground, on-site store, and a beautiful Pavilion. Clean updated shower and laundry facilities.
The Comox Peninsula on the east coast of Vancouver Island is spectacular at any time of year, with miles of shoreline to explore and great recreation opportunities for all ages. Cape Lazo is perfect for a weekend, a week, or even months of camping in the Comox Valley. You can always count on a quiet night when you stay with us.