Vancouver Island’s vast number of lakes, rivers and ocean inlets are amazing to explore by canoe or kayak. Kayakers glide through BC marine parks into scenic bays and lagoons and go ashore on secluded sandy beaches and uninhabited islands. The large, relatively isolated lakes of the north and central portion of Vancouver Island are enclaves of solitude. Popular sea kayaking destinations are the Broken Group Islands in Barkley Sound (southwest coast), Broughton Archipelago off Port McNeill on the North Island, the Southern Gulf Islands off the southeast tip of the island, the Discovery Islands off Campbell River, and Desolation Sound, which is acessed from Quadra and Cortes Island, or from the BC Sunshine Coast. The kayaking season in British Columbia is from mid-May to September.
Canoeing & Kayaking Services
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: West Coast Vancouver Island (Ucluelet, Tofino & Barkley Sound)
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands & Discovery Islands
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: Desolation Sound and BC Sunshine Coast
Canoeing & Kayaking Information
- Canoeing around Vancouver Island, the BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Sea Kayaking around Vancouver Island, the BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Sea Kayaking in Desolation Sound on the BC Sunshine Coast
- Whitewater Kayaking around Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Quatsino Lodge KayakingQuatsino Lodge Kayaking
Quatsino Lodge specializes in guided sea kayaking & sportfishing. Kayaking guests enjoy day trips exploring ever changing coast lines, secluded beaches, remote islands and secret coves with abundant sea life. Our heated cabin cruisers take us out to the chosen area, and collects us at the end of the day, eliminating the need to paddle long distances, camp out or live on board a boat, evenings are spent warm, dry and pampered in the comfort of the lodge.