Vancouver Island’s vast number of lakes, rivers and ocean inlets are amazing to explore by canoe or kayak. Kayakers glide through BC marine parks into scenic bays and lagoons and go ashore on secluded sandy beaches and uninhabited islands. The large, relatively isolated lakes of the north and central portion of Vancouver Island are enclaves of solitude. Popular sea kayaking destinations are the Broken Group Islands in Barkley Sound (southwest coast), Broughton Archipelago off Port McNeill on the North Island, the Southern Gulf Islands off the southeast tip of the island, the Discovery Islands off Campbell River, and Desolation Sound, which is acessed from Quadra and Cortes Island, or from the BC Sunshine Coast. The kayaking season in British Columbia is from mid-May to September.
Canoeing & Kayaking Services
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: West Coast Vancouver Island (Ucluelet, Tofino & Barkley Sound)
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands & Discovery Islands
- Canoeing & Kayaking Services: Desolation Sound and BC Sunshine Coast
Canoeing & Kayaking Information
- Canoeing around Vancouver Island, the BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Sea Kayaking around Vancouver Island, the BC Gulf Islands and Discovery Islands
- Sea Kayaking in Desolation Sound on the BC Sunshine Coast
- Whitewater Kayaking around Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Remote Passages Marine ExcursionsRemote Passages Marine Excursions
Whether watching whales, dipping into Hot Springs Cove, or kayaking to a rainforest trail, people of all ages have enjoyed our excursions since 1986. We launch out of Tofino in Clayoquot Sound on the west coast of Vancouver Island, just minutes from Long Beach and Pacific Rim National Park. We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a Clayoquot Sound adventure by Remote Passages.