- BC Ferries operates a scheduled ferry service from Swartz Bay (Victoria) to Fulford Harbour on Saltspring Island, the largest of the Southern Gulf Islands.
- Vehicles and Passengers
- Distance: 5 nautical miles
- Sailing Time: 35 minutes between Fulford Harbour and Swartz Bay (Victoria)
- Sailings: 8 daily round-trip sailings between Swartz Bay and Fulford Harbour
- Reservations cannot be made for the Victoria to Fulford Harbour route, but are recommended for travel between the Southern Gulf Islands and Tsawwassen (Vancouver).
- Ticket sales at Swartz Bay will end 5 minutes before the scheduled sailing time for vehicles and 10 minutes before for walk-on passengers. Loading at Fulford Harbour will end 3 minutes before the scheduled sailing time for vehicles and 5 minutes before the scheduled sailing time for walk-on passengers.
Visitors wishing to get to Saltspring Island can also take ferries from the Vancouver Island community of Crofton to Vesuvius Bay, or from the Vancouver ferry terminal at Tsawwassen to Long Harbour on Saltspring Island.
Click on the map to view a large scale map of the BC Gulf Islands Ferry Routes, or view BC Ferries’ map of Ferry Routes in BC (PDF format). Make vehicle reservations and check current ferry schedules, ferry fares, capacity conditions at major ferry terminals, and the departure and arrival status of current sailings directly on the BC Ferries website.
BC Ferries Schedule for this Route