The Lasqueti Island Ferry service is a private passenger service operated by Western Pacific Marine, under contract to BC Ferries, between Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island and False Bay on Lasqueti Island.
- Terminal in Qualicum Beach: French Creek Government Wharf on Highway 19A, between Qualicum Beach and Parksville
- Terminal on Lasqueti Island: False Bay Ferry Terminal
- Foot Passenger service and freight only, no vehicles
- Sailing Time: 50 to 60 minutes, depending on the weather
- Sailings: 5 daily round-trip sailings between French Creek and Lasqueti Island, except on Tuesday, when there are no sailings. There is no service on either Tuesday or Wednesday during the off-season
- Sailings are normally cancelled when winds exceed 40 knots
- Boarding Passes: On days when heavy loads are anticipated, boarding passes will be hung on the posts at each terminal. Passengers must be on board ship 15 minutes prior to the sailing time to guarantee passage, even when in possession of a boarding pass.
- If 10 or more passengers are left on the last sailing of the day, from either terminal, an extra run will be made.
- Lasqueti Island Ferry Service does not accept reservations. Service is provided on a first-come-first-served basis.
Ferry Schedule for this Route:
Click on the map to view a large scale map of the North and Central Vancouver Island Ferry Routes. For information on ferry schedules and fares, please contact Lasqueti Island Ferry Service at 250-927-0431, or enquire at the Qualicum Beach or Parksville Visitor Centres. The staff at the French Creek Marina and Store may also be able to assist with ferry information.